Electrical and plumbing home improvements that you can make to your house to increase its value, and also help to make it look good
When it comes to increasing the value of your home, your plumbing system plays an important role, especially when selling the property. Any part of your plumbing system that is not functional could significantly affect the value of the property. Therefore, it is important to repair these areas with the latest plumbing upgrades and modern building codes to increase the value of your home.
Some homeowners spend many years in their homes without having to hire a licensed plumber to check out the little fads of their plumbing system to make sure everything is functional. For example, if you plan to advertise your home in the market, you should realise that many interested buyers would thoroughly review various plumbing repairs to assess their market value. Plumbing upgrades for your home should begin with the basic components of the plumbing system, even if it means overhauling the entire system to ensure that it meets modern standards. If you have a kitchen, you should consider turning it into an open kitchen to avoid many inefficiencies of the pipes, such as leaking pipes. With the intention of achieving great profits, consider upgrading your kitchen with sanitary fittings that have simple and economical modern touches. You can install a new faucet or sink to create a fresh ambience.
Also, improving some electrical situations and devices and adding a few other touches here and there can do wonders for the comfort of your daily life and cherish your home for the future. Your local electrician can help you design a plan that has long-term effects.
Here are some of the improvements for electricity and plumbing that can increase the value of your home
The bathroom is a great place to renovate and upgrade. Some people dive into the bathroom and start with a brand new design. You could get a garden / spa bath, a large shower with amenities like a spa, and a high-tech toilet with heated seats and self-cleaning cycles. While all these things are good, you may not need to empty the entire bathroom to increase the value of your home. Some simple and less expensive renovations that you could do are:
- By installing a new sink, you can also change your existing sink for a different style by replacing the countertops. If your worktops are tired, you can replace them with another type.
- Revamp the cabinets. You do not have to replace your cabinets you can make them appear again. This may involve changing the color of the cabinet floor by painting it, adopting a different door style and installing new handles. Another option is to simply paint the existing cabinet and new color doors and replace the handles.
- Paint the walls. A new layer of pain is not so expensive and can breathe new life into the bathroom. You can use sponge, rollers, ragging or other types of surfaces to give it a unique look. Another popular trend is the use of vinyl planks and their attachment to the wall, similar to a wallpaper.
- Install or update features on the toilet. You could do some minor toilet repairs on your existing toilets, such as a new, low flush handle and the replacement of the flap in the tank. you may decide to get a brand new low-flush toilet installed instead. If you are looking to increase the space in a small bathroom, consider a wall-mounted toilet.
Besides the kitchen and bathrooms in your home, there are other plumbing improvements you could consider that can increase the value of your home.
- Switch to a water heater with no tank. Depending on the size of the house, there are different styles and types. For example, a style is installed directly on faucets and individual appliances to provide hot water on demand. Other types are installed in place of the tank’s existing water heater to provide hot water throughout the home.
- Install a filter system / water softener at home. If you have water in the city, then a domestic water filtration system is an excellent improvement. It eliminates cases of water in plastic bottles to buy, so do something good for the environment. If you have good water, a combined filter / softening system will remove impurities and solve problems with hard water.
Some of the electrical installations that can add value to your home are:
- Consider installing ceiling fans in strategic locations throughout the house. Your electrician can install and operate your fans in no time. Ceiling fans are a great addition to any home. Not only do they provide extra functional comfort, keeping you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, but also adding a touch of elegance and class to your home. Ceiling fans are a popular item for many future buyers.
- The installation of new energy-efficient appliances has been the new environmentally friendly way for some time. Not only are these energy efficient appliances effective, they can also save money on your results and be a supplement to your home. These devices can be installed by your electrician and you can even use a separate circuit system. These devices will have a dramatic effect on the overall value of your home as they represent a new and unique addition that can bring savings to the budget of any future.
- A small improvement you can make can have a strong and lasting impact on the value of your home. Install a trash can in your kitchen. The convenience and ability to reduce your total waste can make it a great value factor associated with a dishwasher.
- You can improve the look and value of your home by installing both wireless switches and residual current circuit breakers. These switches are needed by the code, so you need to install them. This will not only ensure the safety of the family, but also give your home a new look. Wireless switches are a great way to control the lighting in your home, especially in stairs and hallways. Your electrician can help you develop an effective plan to make sure your home is more functional and useful.